Information from the High Park Fire Public Information Officer
Fire officials have announced the lifting of all evacuations and the opening of all roads in the High Park Fire area at noon today. This includes Highway 14 in the Poudre Canyon. Certain access and recreation restrictions will apply, and are summarized below:
- The Pingree Park, Upper Buckhorn, Monument Gulch, and Rist Canyon neighborhoods will be restricted to residents only. Residents should be prepared to show identification at checkpoints. Monument Gulch residents are asked to enter using Pingree Park Road instead of Buckhorn Road.
- In the lower Poudre Canyon (Hwy 287 to Pingree Park Road), recreational access is limited to river access only. Trailheads, campgrounds, and picnic areas remain closed. Hiking and dispersed camping is prohibited throughout the Lower Poudre Canyon.
- In the upper Poudre Canyon, limited camping opportunities will begin Monday (7/2). Dispersed camping along Pingree Park Road is prohibited. Contact the U.S. Forest Service for specific information on closures and restrictions at www.fs.usda.gov/arp.
- Fire danger remains very high. Larimer County and U.S. Forest Service fire restrictions remain in effect and citizens are reminded to be cautious and vigilant while in recreational areas.
- Drivers should stay alert for frequent fire traffic, debris flows with ash from thunderstorms, rocks that have rolled onto roads, and other distracted drivers.
Public Information Officer
Larimer County Sheriff's Office