Information on fire restrictions and bans can change rapidly. The most current information can and should be obtained from your local county or the forest service. Contacts for each county can be found on the Local Info Sources tab. This site is meant to provide the Colorado community with a connection to their local agencies.
If you are visiting a Colorado State Park the fire restrictions will typically mirror those enacted by the county that the park falls within. A list of those restrictions is below.
Interactive Fire Ban Map Information:
Click on the map to show the information links for each county and fire restriction.
Blue: Indicates a County Enacted Fire Restriction in place.
Gray: Indicates areas that have not reported a fire restriction to Colorado emergency management.
Check directly with the county to determine current fire restriction levels.
This information is reported on the Rocky Mountain Area Coordination Center's Detailed Situation Report.
View current fire restrictions.
KIOWA COUNTYNo fire restrictions reported.
LAS ANIMASFire restrictions in place.
PHILLIPS COUNTYNo fire restrictions reported.
Tribal InformationSOUTHERN UTE INDIAN TRIBE
Fire restrictions reported.
UTE MOUNTAIN UTE TRIBE
No fire restrictions reported.
Federal Land Information:
US Forest Service | Bureau of Land Management | National Parks
United States Forest Service Lands Fire Restrictions
- USFS Arapaho Forest
- USFS Roosevelt National Forest
- USFS Grand Mesa Uncompahgre Forest
- USFS Gunnison National Forest
- USFS Pike and San Isabel National Forest
- USFS San Juan National Forest
- USFS White River National Forest
- USFS Routt National Forest
BLM Lands Fire RestrictionsPlease open the fire restriction link or visit their website for specific information on the fire restrictions. The restrictions are specific to counties within their field offices.
- BLM Lands in Gunnison County
BLM Grand Junction
- Colorado River Valley Field Office
- BLM Northwest District: Kremmling, Little Snake, White River Field Offices.
- BLM Royal Gorge Field Office: Chaffee, Custer, El Paso, Fremont, Huerfano, Jefferson, Lake Las Animas, Park, Pueblo, and Teller Counties.
- BLM San Luis Valley Field Office: Alamosa, Conejos, Rio Grande, Saguache Counties
- BLM Tres Rios Field Office: Southwestern Colorado
National Park Service Lands Fire Restrictions
- National Park Service: Curecanti National Recreation Area
- National Park Service: Dinosaur National Monument
- National Park Service: Colorado National Monument