We are excited to have Jeanne join the Division!
We encourage businesses to complete this short survey to provide valuable information for the recovery effort. The deadline is December 20, 2013.
At the state’s request, FEMA has approved a fifth extension to the Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) program. TSA pays for eligible floodevacuees to stay in participatinghotels and motels.
Individuals and families whoare still being assessed regarding their housing needs may continue to be eligible for TSA through Dec. 14 (checkout Dec. 15). The previous checkout date was Dec. 1.
· TSA allows eligible individualsand families to stay temporarily inparticipating hotels, with FEMA andthe statepaying foreligibleroom costsand taxes.
· A total of 23 households stayed in hotels and motels last night underTSA.
Individuals and families who are not eligible for the program may be considered for additional FEMA rental assistance.
· Applicants may need to providerental agreement information.
For questions, contact the FEMAhelpline by phone, 800-621-3362, from5 a.m. to 8 p.m., MST, seven days aweek. Multilingual phone operatorsare available on the FEMA helpline. Choose Option 2 for Spanish andOption 3 for other languages. People who have a speech disability or are deaf or hard of hearing may call (TTY)800-462-7585; users of 711 or Video Relay Service can call
This update includes information on:
- Colorado Emergency Management Association (CEMA) Awards
- Waste Tire Fire Prevention Fund Grant for Fire Agencies
- Safety and Security Plans for Class 3 Hazardous Materials Transported by Rail
- Comment Period Open until December 2 for Recovery Policy and Donated Resources
- FEMA and Parnters Release Post Disaster Reunification of Children Framework
- Continuity Guidance Circular 2 Revision
- FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant Period Closes December 6
- Kudos and Congratulations
- Mike Gavin, City of Fort Collins Emergency Manager
- Letter of Gratitude from the Boulder County Commissioners for Flood Assistance
- Job, Internship and Volunteer Announcement
- Educational Resources
- Wireless Emergency Alerts Save Lives in Disasters
- Be Red Cross Ready
- After Action Reports: Why We Do Them
- Emergency Management & Planning Degree and Certificate Programs
- Flood Information and Updates
- Northern Colorado Flood Recovery Assistance and Resource Fair on December 16
- Colorado Community Recovery Symposium Resources
- Crisis Counseling Program Locations
- Training Information
- FEMA Training Opportunities
- Wildfire Academy Course: L952/S403 All-Hazards PIO Course
- Training Announcement from the Office of Preparedness