A. Open burning is hereby prohibited in all counties in the State of Colorado.
B. Fore the purposes of this order, "open burning" means any outdoor fire, including but not limited to campfires, warming fires, charcoal grill fires, fused explosives, fireworks, and any other activity that poses a significant risk of starting a fire.
C. For the purposes of this order, "open burning" does not include fires in:
- liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves;
- fireplaces contained within buildings;
- charcoal grills at private residences;
- constructed, permanent fire pits or fire grates within developed camp and picnic grounds or recreation sites;
- commercial, professional and municipal fireworks displays where specific written approval has been granted by the sheriff of the county in which the fireworks display is to occur; and
- connection with prescribed or controlled burns for agricultural or irrigation purposes along ditches located within and completely surrounded by irrigated farmlands where such burning is necessary for crop survival and specific written approval has been granted by the sheriff of the county in which the prescribed burn is to occur.
This Executive Order remains in effect until amended or rescinded by Executive Order.