DHSEM Mitigation Team Announces Opening of Application Period for the Mitigation Assistance Program
The Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (DHSEM) Mitigation Team has opened the application period for Mitigation Assistance Program (MAP) grants, formally named the State Hazard Mitigation Program. Awards are subject to the availability of funds through DHSEM. We encourage jurisdictions without a local hazard mitigation plan or those needing to update a plan to use this opportunity to assist with the cost of plan development.
Activities that will be considered for this grant program include:
- Local hazard mitigation plans
- Mitigation studies
- Purchase of NOAA weather radios
- Mitigation training materials
- Printing mitigation information and brochures
- Mitigation planning activities
- Hazard Analysis and Risk assessments
- Hazard mapping projects
- Risk Communications projects
Activities that are not within the scope of this grant program:
- Structural projects (projects requiring environmental or historical assessments)
- Response-oriented equipment
The application period for the program is ongoing; however, projects and plans must be completed by August 30, 2014, so please submit applications as soon as possible. Grant Applications must be filled out by the local emergency manager. Please see the Mitigation Assistance Program Announcement Letter for additional details. For questions or comments, contact Scott Baldwin, Mitigation Specialist, at email@example.com or 720-852-6696.