Disaster Assistance Information
Major Disaster Declaration
On September 14, 2013, President Obama issued a major disaster declaration for the State of Colorado triggering the release of Federal funds to help individuals and communities in Boulder County to recover from the Severe Storms, Flooding, Landslides, and Mudslides that occurred from September 11, 2013 and continuing. Details of the disaster declaration and assistance programs are as follows:
- Individual Assistance (IA): Assistance to individuals and households
- Public Assistance (PA): Assistance for emergency work and the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged facilities.
- Hazard Mitigation (HM): Assistance for actions taken to prevent or reduce long-term risk to life and property from natural hazards. All counties of the state are eligible to apply.
- Major Disaster Declaration (CO4145) Fact Sheet
Emergency Disaster Declaration
The State of Colorado has requested that additional counties be added to the FEMA Emergency Declaration (FEMA-3365-EM) to include:
- Adams County
- Arapahoe County
- Broomfield County
- Clear Creek County
- Denver County
- Fremont County
- Jefferson County
- Logan County
- Morgan County
- Pueblo County
- Washington County
- Weld County
The original declaration covered Boulder, El Paso, and Larimer counties.
- Executive Order D 2013-026: Declaring a Disaster Emergency Due to the Flooding in Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Boulder, Denver, El Paso, Fremont, Jefferson, Larimer, Logan, Morgan, Pueblo, Washington, and Weld Counties.