Additional Counties Now Eligible for Individual and Public Assistance

Residents of Fremont and Morgan counties whose homes were damaged in the September floods are now eligible for Individual Assistance from FEMA.

Also, eight additional counties are now eligible for FEMA Public Assistance: Arapahoe, Crowley, Denver, Fremont, Gilpin, Lake, Lincoln and Sedgwick. The eight new counties receive public assistance in all categories A-G.

Individual Assistance

Individual Assistance was extended to Fremont and Morgan counties after damage assessments were completed by officials from the Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management and FEMA.

Homeowners, renters and business owners in the designated counties who sustained damage as a result of the severe storms, flooding, landslides and mudslides that began on Sept. 11, 2013, may apply for federal disaster assistance.

The two additional counties bring the number of Colorado counties eligible for individual assistance to 11. The nine previously-designated counties are Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Clear Creek, El Paso, Jefferson, Larimer, Logan and Weld.

Public Assistance

The eight added counties are now eligible for all seven categories of Public Assistance.

Categories A and B cover debris removal and emergency protective measures while categories C through G include more permanent work on infrastructure, such as roads, bridges, public buildings and contents, as well as water facilities, public utilities and parks.

Public Assistance provides cost sharing grants with FEMA paying 75 percent of repair costs.

The eight additional counties bring the number of Colorado counties eligible for Public Assistance to 18. The 10 previously-designated counties are Adams, Boulder, Clear Creek, El Paso, Jefferson, Larimer, Logan, Morgan, Washington and Weld.

For any questions, contact FEMA by phone, 800-621-3362, from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m., MDT, seven days a week. Multilingual phone operators are available on the FEMA Helpline. Choose Option 2 for Spanish and Option 3 for other languages. People who have a speech disability or are deaf or hard of hearing may call (TTY) 800-462-7585; users of 711 or Video Relay Service can call 800-621-3362. Register online: or by Web-enabled device, tablet or smartphone: type in the browser.