The State Emergency Operations Center remains activated in response to the blizzard and winter storm that hit Colorado yesterday, March 23, 2016.
State EOC Objectives
- Establish and maintain situational awareness by staying in contact with affected local jurisdictions and response agencies.
- Be prepared to provide resources to local jurisdictions, upon request, in an effort to conduct a coordinated State - level response.
- Alert unaffected jurisdictions and response agencies (local, State, federal, NGO, private) of the potential need for assistance.
- Monitor weather conditions across the State.
- Monitor power outages.
- Be prepared to initiate a State - level response for incidents or events outside the affected areas.
- Assist with the transition from response to recovery operations.