CDEM Situation Report #1: Southeast Colorado Tornadoes
- 6 Structures impacted: 4 Destroyed, 1 Major, 1 Affected – Damage assessment to agricultural equipment outbuilding not complete at this time.
- Injuries: 1 Transported to hospital and later released, minor injuries only.
- Resource Requests: Request for 1 PIO to assist Kiowa County. No additional state assistance requested at this time.
- Infrastructure Impacts: Power- Currently Eads / Haswell anticipated restoration around noon. Chivington, Brandon and Sheridan Lake area by late tonight. Water / Wastewater facilities no impacts reported at this time from Kiowa County.
- 3 Structures impacted: 1 Major and 2 Minor. No confirmed numbers for outbuildings impacted and agricultural equipment damages at this time.
- Injuries: None reported at this time.
- Resource Requests: No state assistance requested.
- Infrastructure Impacts: Power- Currently power is out in Hasty / McClave area no estimated time of restoration at this time. Water / Wastewater facilities no impacts reported at this time from Bent County.
- 5 Structures impacted: 3 Destroyed, 2 Major. No confirmed number of outbuildings impacted and agricultural equipment damages at this time.
- Pig Farm south of Lamar west of Highway 287 is reporting 18 buildings destroyed on the farm. The buildings were not occupied with any swine at the time.
- Injuries: 2 people injured transported to Prowers Medical Center, treated and later released.
- Resource Requests: American Red Cross is sending a mobile feeding kitchen to the Prowers County EOC. No other assistance requested at this time.
- Infrastructure Impacts: Power- Currently power is out in the Lamar area with an anticipated restoration time of late tonight. 400’ Communication Tower was destroyed south of Lamar affects Lamar Light & Power Company communications and internet to Baca County. CDOT reporting guard rail damage east of Lamar on Highway 50.
The next update will be posted by 4:00 p.m.