The State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) was activated at 8 a.m.today in support of the winter storm across Colorado. The SEOC was activated at Level III. This means selected DHSEM staff actively monitor the on-going incident. Command and General Staff will occupy positions in the SEOC. Emergency Response Coordinators (ERC) and State agency representatives do not need to report to the SEOC and should continue monitoring virtually and be prepared to report as requested.
The current SEOC incident objectives are:1. Establish and maintain situational awareness by staying in contact with local jurisdictions and other response agencies.
2. Be prepared to provide resources to local jurisdictions upon request through established mission assignment and financial process in an effort to conduct a coordinated State-level response.
3. Ensure all resource request documentation is accurate, complete, and understandable.
4. Assist in the development and coordination of State-level messaging and provide support to local Joint Information Centers, as necessary.
5. Monitor weather conditions across the State / FEMA Region.
6. Be prepared to initiate State - level response for incidents or events outside of impacted areas.
|State EOC Planning Meeting on January 4, 2017.|