A major disaster declaration was approved for the State of Colorado last night by President Obama. The declaration prompts the release of Federal funds needed for the recovery of individuals and communities impacted by the Black Forest Fire in El Paso County.
Assistance funded by the disaster declaration includes:
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA): Assistance to provide unemployment benefits and reemployment services to individuals who have become unemployed as a result of a major disaster and who are not eligible for regular State unemployment insurance.
- Crisis Counseling (CC): Assistance to individuals and communities recovering from the effects of disasters.
- Public Assistance (PA): Assistance for emergency work and the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged facilities.
- Hazard Mitigation (HM): Assistance for actions taken to prevent or reduce long-term risk to life and property from natural hazards.
- Crisis Counseling
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance Fact Sheet
- Public Assistance Fact Sheet
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program
- Federal Disaster Declaration (CO 4134-DR) Fact Sheet
Contact InformationColorado Office of Emergency Management
Phone Number: 720-852-6697
Information regarding upcoming meetings, workshop or briefings for the disaster assistance and hazard mitigation program will be posted at www.COEmergency.com.
Gov. John Hickenlooper's Request for a Major Disaster Declaration for Royal Gorge Fire and Black Forest Fire
DHSEM Media Release: President Approves Major Disaster Declaration for Black Forest Fire