A major disaster declaration was approved for the State of Colorado this morning by President Obama. The declaration prompts the release of Federal funds needed for the recovery of individuals and communities impacted by the Royal Gorge Wildfire in Fremont County.
Assistance funded by the disaster declaration includes:
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA): Assistance to provide unemployment benefits and reemployment services to individuals who have become unemployed as a result of a major disaster and who are not eligible for regular State unemployment insurance.
- Public Assistance (PA): Assistance for emergency work and the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged facilities.
- Hazard Mitigation (HM): Assistance for actions taken to prevent or reduce long-term risk to life and property from natural hazards.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance Fact Sheet
- Public Assistance Fact Sheet
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program
- Federal Disaster Declaration (CO 4133-DR) Fact Sheet
Contact InformationColorado Office of Emergency Management
Phone Number: 720-852-6697
Information regarding upcoming meetings, workshop or briefings for the disaster assistance and hazard mitigation program will be posted at www.COEmergency.com.
Colorado's Request for a Major Disaster Declaration for Royal Gorge Fire and Black Forest Fire