Wetmore Fire Information
- First call came in at 1:32 PM and was reported as a wildland fire of unknown origin.
- Fire size is estimated to be at least 700 acres.
- Gusting winds of over 50 miles per hour reported in area.
- No confirmation on number of threatened or damaged structures at this time.
- Emergency Fire Funding (EFF) was approved at 3:15 p.m.
- FEMA Fire Management Assistance Grant (FMAG) was approved at 4:45 p.m.
Evacuation InformationEvacuation areas are Greenwood, Wetmore, and east of Wetmore into Pueblo County.
Reverse 911 was being utilized, however due to fire damage of utility lines, a multi-agency, house-to-house notification was implemented.
Shelter and Reception Area Information
- Baptist Church at 303 E. 3rd Street in Florence, CO
- Church of Nazarene, 84 Stanford Avenue, Pueblo, CO
- Large Animals are being referred to the Colorado State Fairgrounds.
- In Westcliffe, domestic animals are being accepted at the Custer County Fairgrounds.
Road ClosuresColorado 96 is closed westbound from The Pueblo Reservoir south entrance to Wetmore. Eastbound from Colorado 165 to Wetmore. Colorado 67 is closed southbound from County Road 15 to Wetmore.
- 15 multiple agencies
- Office of Emergency Management Field Manager
- 2 Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control Fire Management Officers
- Type II Incident Management Team ordered and arrival is expected on Wednesday, October 24.
The overnight plan is to maintain the road closures, Scout and Point Protection for incoming Fire Crews. Lives and Structures throughout the night is the priority .