Wetmore Fire Disaster Assistance Center Update
The Wetmore Fire started at approximately 1:00 PM on Tuesday, October 23, 2012. As of October 27, local officials estimate that the fire burned approximately 2100 acres and damaged or destroyed 15 homes. A Disaster Assistance Center opened on Friday, October 26th and will close on Saturday, October 27, 2012. Custer County took the lead in establishing the DAC with primary support from the Department of Local Affairs Regional Manager.
Custer County OEM, Custer County Public Health, Custer County Planning and Zoning, Custer County Commissioners, Custer County Sherriff’s Office, Upper Arkansas Area Council of Governments, West Central Mental Health, Colorado Department of Local Affairs, Colorado Division of Insurance, Colorado Office of Emergency Management, Colorado State University Extension, USDA Rural Development, American Red Cross, 211, Care and Share Food Bank, Loaves & Fishes, 7th and Floral Food Pantry, The Salvation Army, State Farm Insurance.
• Re-entry permits
• Zoning/rebuilding permits
• Tetanus shots
• Disaster cleanup kits
• Food and toiletries
• Information referral
• Crisis counseling
• Low interest loan applications
• Housing locator and rental assistance
• Land and home restoration information
• Insurance information
• Fire behavior and acreage information
• Motel vouchers
• There were 34 intake forms completed and approximately 10 people who did not complete the intake form but visited one or more station.
• Custer County distributed 37 re-entry permits
• Custer County Planning & Zoning visited with 10 people and issued 1 building permit
• Custer County Public Health gave 16 Tetanus shots.
• West Central Mental Health visited with approximately 6-8 families
• USDA Rural Development visited with 3 individuals.
• Red Cross assisted 18 families, gave away 18 Cleaner Kits, 13 Cooler Kits, 24 rakes, 25 shovels, 29 sifters, 3 boxes of 3 pairs of gloves, 22 boxes of 3 respiration masks.
• State Farm Insurance worked with 2 policyholders.
• DORA - Division of Insurance assisted 6 families.
• Loaves & Fishes distributed 21 Food Boxes and 15 cases of water
• Upper Arkansas Area Council of Governments put one family up in a hotel, assisted one person with getting eye care and glasses, and assisted one family with locating and paying for a car mechanic. Members from UAACOG also replaced one kids Halloween costume.