The Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management held applicant briefings on
- January 20, 2022 from 12:30 - 2 p.m.
- January 21, 2022 from 12:30 - 2 p.m.
- January 27, 2022 from 12:30 - 2 p.m.
Participation in an applicant briefing is required for all agencies applying to the Public Assistance Program.
- View the recorded version of the Colorado Public Assistance Applicant Briefing for DR-4634 .
- Download a copy of the Colorado Applicant Briefing for the DR-4634 slide deck.
Public Assistance Deadlines
- January 30, 2022: Deadline for the Request for Public Assistance (RPA) through FEMA's Grant Portal for DR-4634.
- The deadline is a Sunday and will not be extended.
- FEMA Grants Portal: https://grantee.fema.gov/
- The two-step process if an agency is not already registered in the grants portal
- Register for Access
- Submit the RPA
- After the RPA is submitted FEMA or FEMA and the State will work with the agency to schedule an exploratory call to discuss the Public Assistance program and expectations.
- After the exploratory call, FEMA or FEMA and the State will schedule a Recovery Scoping Meeting with each applicant.
- All damages must be identified within 60 days of FEMA's Recovery Scoping Meeting with the applicant.
Public Assistance Program Overview
State, local, tribal and territorial governments and certain private-non-profit organizations in Boulder County are eligible for assistance for emergency work and the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged facilities. Learn more about the FEMA Public Assistance program. This program reimburses eligible work costs with a federal share of assistance that is not less than 75 percent of the eligible costs.