Grant Application Period OpenFEMA has formally announced the FY 2017 PDM and FMA grants. These nationally competitive grants provide mitigation funding on a cost share basis to local communities for the completion of eligible, cost effective mitigation projects. FEMA’s announcements state that $90 million and $150 million have been allocated to the PDM and FMA programs for FY 2017 respectively.
- Eligible project types include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Hazard mitigation planning
- Localized flood control to protect critical facilities
- Wildfire mitigation (to include hazard fuels reduction, defensible space and ignition-resistant construction)
- Floodwater storage and diversion
- Floodplain and stream restoration
- Property acquisition and demolition in high hazard areas
- Water and sanitary sewer system protective measures
- Utility protective measures
- Community safe room construction
Additional information available on our Grant Announcements page under the 2017 Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) and Flood Mitigation Assistance tab.
Detailed information is posted on our PDM and FMA Program Grant Priorties tab under the Grants tab. A summary of important dates is listed below:
Grant Subapplication Submission Timelines (applicable to both PDM and FMA grants)
FEMA will be opening eGrants to prospective applicants August 14, 2017. Applicants are required to develop preliminary applications in DHSEM’s EMGrants system prior to this date. DHSEM has replicated the FEMA eGrants application in EMGrants to avoid duplication of effort prior to FEMA making applications available in eGrants. Completion of a project/plan application in EMGrants will facilitate the application completion process in eGrants.
Draft subapplications in eGrants are due to the State by October 18, 2017. The compressed timeline suggests that the most competitive projects will be those in alignment with Federal program priorities, previously scoped, in pre-design, and with a well-established cost estimate. Below are the important DHSEM deadlines:
- July 28, 2017: EMGrants Preliminary Application due to DHSEM via EMGrants
- August 18, 2017: Draft Benefit-Cost Analysis (BCA) Submitted to DHSEM for Review
- October 18, 2017: Draft Applications Submitted to DHSEM in eGrants
- November 10, 2017: State Application Completed in eGrants and Submitted to FEMA
- January 30, 2018: FEMA Identifies Sub-Applications for Further Review (estimated date)