Follow these safety tips from the National Weather Service:
- Avoid traveling in the warning area as the safest practice for these conditions.
- If you are planning to travel in the warning area during the time of the warning listen to the latest weather forecast.
- Consider traveling at another time or by another route.
- Take along a winter survival kit.
- If you become stranded in a rural area stay with your vehicle until help arrives.
- Stay connected to weather and emergency alerts by finding your local emergency responders and emergency managers on Twitter or on their organization websites. Agencies are providing frequent updates on the conditions and how to stay safe.
- Text follow coemergency to 40404 to receive text alerts on weather and emergency conditions in the state.