As we head into this holiday weekend, their release applies to all of us (including myself!!!) that are planning to head into the backcountry for some fun. In particular,
- Confine campfires to established fire rings, grates or areas cleared of flammable materials. Have a shovel and water on hand in case of emergency.
- Never leave a campfire unattended for any amount of time. Before leaving a campfire, pour water on it, and stir and mix the ashes until cool to the touch.
- Make sure spark arresters on chainsaws are in working condition. Carry a shovel and bucket of water with you in case of emergency.
- Do not park hot vehicles in dry grass – hot engines can ignite dry flammable materials.
- Smoke only in areas cleared of flammable materials. Dispose of cigarette butts in a safe and responsible manner.
- Remember that it is illegal to light or use fireworks on all National Forest and BLM lands.
Have fun and be safe!!!