690 Kipling Street # 2000
Lakewood, CO 80215
Phone: (303) 239-4600
Fax: (303) 239-5887
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEMay 8, 2013
For more information contact:
Micki Trost, Public Information Officer
Agencies Briefing Governor on 2014 Wildfire OutlookGovernor will sign HB 164 and Wildfire Preparedness Executive Order
CENTENNIAL, COLORADO - May 12, 2014: The Governor’s annual wildfire briefing has been scheduled for May 12. The Director of the Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control will brief the Governor on the Wildfire Potential for 2014 and the level of state preparedness. Additional updates will be provided from the USFS Deputy Regional Forester and the State Fire Management Officer for the Bureau of Land Management in Colorado.
After the Governor is briefed, the group will provide a media and community briefing in Hangar A. The Wildfire Preparedness Executive Order will be signed during the media briefing.
Media and Community Briefing DetailsDate: Monday, May 12, 2014
Time: 11:15 a.m. – Media and Community Briefing
Location: Centennial Airport, Hanger A, 7625 South Peoria Circle, Englewood, Colorado
Park in the big lot just outside of the Jet Center. Check in at the desk to gain access to the hangar.
- Governor John Hickenlooper
- Director Paul Cooke, Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control
- Brian Ferebee, Deputy Regional Forester, US Forest Service
- Todd Richardson, State Fire Management Officer, Bureau of Land Management
- Single Engine Air Tanker (SEAT), pilot and base manager
- DFPC fire apparatus
- Department of Corrections crew vehicle
- Colorado National Guard Blackhawk Helicopter
- Early Detection/Remote Sensing Aircraft and technology
- Colorado Wildfire Information Management System (CO-WIMS)