The Wildfire Preparedness Plan shall be designed to address the following:
(1) The amount of aerial firefighting resources necessary for the state of Colorado at times of high and low wildfire risk;
(2) The availability of appropriate aerial firefighting equipment and personnel at times of high fire risk to respond to a wildfire;
(3) The availability of state wildfire engines and staffing of the engines at different levels of wildfire risk;
(4) The availability of wildfire hand crews, including state inmate wildfire hand crews, at different levels of wildfire risk; and
(5) A process for ordering and dispatching aerial firefighting equipment and personnel that is consistent with, and supportive of, the statewide mobilization plan prepared pursuant to Section 24-33.5-705.4, C.R.S.
The Wildfire Preparedness Plan shall also provide recommendations on the use of the Wildfire Preparedness Fund created in §24-33.5-1227 (1) (a), C.R.S.
View or download information presented at today's news conference focused on the 2014 wildfire outlook:
- 2014 Wildfire Preparedness Plan: Report to the Governor and General Assembly on the 2014 Plan for the Wildfire Preparedness Fund
- News conference agenda