Planning for Urban and Suburban and Xurban Wildfires
Firewise Communities and Ready! Set! Go! Workshop
The Fire & Life Safety Educators of Colorado are partnerning with NFPA SW Region 2 to provide this training. The workshop will be held on August 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Arvada Fire Training Facility-6551 Indiana Street, Arvada, CO.
Topics and discussion items below.
Please RSVP to Deanna Harrington, Arvada Fire Department at: deanna.harrington@arvadafire.
1. Welcome and Introductions.
2. Firewise Communities: A tool for increasing wildfire awareness
3. Ready! Set! Go! and Firewise: IAFC/NFPA partnership and RSG as a tool for Firewise awareness
4. Planning for Wildfire in Parks and Open Spaces: an Urban and Suburban Risk (includes discussion on Fire Adapted Communities Initiative)
5. Engaging Non-traditional Partners: Water Districts, Parks Dept, Community Associations, Realtors, etc.
6. Waldo Canyon Fire Update: Wildfire in the City.