Who should Attend?
- Local floodplain administrators responsible for administering the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP),
- Emergency Managers
- Regional Planners
- CRS coordinators who want to learn more about the CRS program
- Consulting engineers that assist local communities with stormwater or floodplain management issues.
- Local government officials interested in how your community can plan for hazards
- Anyone inside or outside Colorado who is interested in the CRS
Workshop Dates and Locations
Dates - Monday March 7th, Southwest Weld Service Center, 4209 Weld County Road 24.5, Longmont, CO 80504
Dates - Wednesday, March 9th, Fire Station #8 Community Room, 3737 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Please register on the CASFM website: www.casfm.org
If you plan to attend, make sure to register no later than Friday, February 25, 2011.
Attendance is limited to 45 pp venue.
- The cost of the workshop is $10 and will include refreshments.
- Fees will be collected at the door starting at 8:00 am. Receipts will be available upon request.
- Workshop will begin at 8:30 am
- Lunch is on your own
Presenters at the workshop include the following
- Sherry Harper – ISO Technical Review Specialist
- Marilyn Gally – Colorado Division of Emergency Management
- CRS Basics: Goals, Activities, Colorado Statistics
- CRS Activity 510: Overview
- Floodplain Management Planning
- Repetitive Loss Area Analysis
- Role of CDEM (Colorado Department of Emergency Management) in the mitigation planning process
- Why the planning process should include both Floodplain Managers and Emergency Management
- Plan approval roles from CDEM, FEMA and ISO
- Plan updates and maintenance
- Comparison of regional and individual community plans
- Comparison of hazard mitigation plans prepared for grant applications and plans prepared for CRS credit