This FREE one day volunteer capacity building workshop is for Community Emergency Response Team (CERT); Citizen Corps Council volunteers; VOAD's; Medical Reserve Corp (MRC); Colorado Volunteer Mobilizer (CVM); and Red Cross volunteers. The day long workshop includes more than 25 one-hour training/educational sessions and an opportunity to participate in an exercise. Breakfast and lunch are provided to volunteers participating in the workshop.
If you have any questions, contact Kristen Campos at email@example.com or Koral O'Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop is sponsored by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, the Colorado Citizen Corps Program, and Denver Paramedics.
A special hotel rate is available for attendees (no direct funding is available) at the Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center. Reservations can be made online at www.beaverrun.com and the password is VCW5SK.
Topics to be offered during the workshop include:
- Training on 800 MHz radios (like our law enforcement and some other emergency services use)
- CPR and AED training
- CERT Animal Response I
- CERT Animal Response II
- Lessons Learned - CSU Meningitis Outbreak
- ICS 100 & 700
- Information Sharing and Social Media
- Citizen's terrorism awareness training
- Lessons Learned - Grand County Hepatitis A Outbreak
- Volunteer Affiliation
- Psychological First Aid
- Boulder County Public Health and Medical Reserve Corps Response to the Fourmile Fire
- Public Information
- Disaster Survival Skills
- Incident Management Teams
- Preparing for Workplace Disasters
- Triage Training
- How to Promote Your Organization
- and more