December 20, 2013
Micki Trost, Public Information Officer
Donation Center Needs Items for Survivors and Recovery Efforts
DENVER – Friday, December 20, 2013 – The Flood Recovery Center in Loveland needs specific items donated for families and recovery workers. The community is encouraged to donate these specific items to meet the needs of those continuing to recover from the September floods. The items requested are:
- Paper Products: Toilet Paper, Paper Towel, Paper Plates, Napkins, Plastic Place Settings
- Personal Care Products: Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, Razors etc
- Pet Food: Dogs and Cats
- Laundry Soap
- Fabric Softener
- Cleaning Products: Bathroom, Kitchen, Window, Floor
- Non Perishable Food: Vegetables, Fruit, Canned Meat Products
- Christmas Decorations
- Linens: New Blankets, Sheets, Pillows, Bath Towels, etc.
- New toys
- Financial Donations
Items can be delivered to the Flood Donation Center located at 5612 McWhinney Blvd, Loveland, Colorado (Outlet Mall near J Crew).
- The hours of operations for the center are:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and closed on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday from 12- 5 p.m.
Interview and Photo Opportunities on Friday, December 20 at 4:30 p.m.
On December 20 at 4:30 p.m. the following people are available for interview at the Donation Center.
- A flood survivor family will be available for interviews on the types of donations needed and the benefits of the donation center. This family was hit by the High Park Fire and the September Floods.
- The Donation Center manager will also be available to show and explain the donations needed.