The purpose of this scholarship is to provide funding to pay the registration fee ($160.00 in 2013) for an emergency manager, an employee or volunteer working with a voluntary organization involved in emergency response, or a student to attend the Colorado Emergency Management Conference. This scholarship program is funded by proceeds derived from the silent auction held at the Colorado Emergency Management Conference and/or contributions from the Colorado Emergency Management Association (CEMA).
Procedure:To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must be:
- Working Emergency Manager in Colorado or staff
- Working with a voluntary organization – e.g. members of VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters)
- Student enrolled in an Emergency Manager or Homeland Security program in Colorado
Applicants must provide all requested information, follow all directions in the application, meet all time lines, and write an original essay.
Priority for awarding the scholarships will be as listed above with working Emergency Managers receiving highest priority. The CEMA Board of Directors will determine the number of scholarships that will be available each year.
If more applications are received than we have funding for, scholarship awards will be based on a random drawing with working Emergency Managers receiving priority.
- Applications sent out no later than: December 6, 2012
- Submit completed application no later than: January 1, 2013
- Scholarship recipients notified no later than: February 1, 2013
- Colorado Emergency Management Conference: February 26-28, 2013