The purpose of this scholarship is to provide funding to pay the registration fee ($150.00 in 2012) for an emergency manager (EM), an employee or volunteer working with a voluntary organization involved in emergency response, or a student to attend the Colorado Emergency Management Conference. This scholarship program is funded by proceeds derived from the silent auction held at the Colorado Emergency Management Conference and/or contributions from the Colorado Emergency Management Association (CEMA).
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must be:
- working EM in Colorado or staff
- working with a voluntary organization – e.g. members of VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters)
- a student enrolled in an EM or Homeland Security program in Colorado
The completed Colorado Emergency Management Conference Application must be received by email at CEMAapplications2012@gmail.com on or before February 3, 2012.
- Applications sent out no later than: January 9, 2012
- Submit completed application no later than: February 3, 2012
- Scholarship recipients notified no later than: February 10, 2012
- Colorado EM Conference: March 6 – 8, 2012
Download the Colorado Emergency Management Conference Application for details on the process.