Please save February 13 for the training, the time will be 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and the location has not been determined. Please do not hesitate to contact Melinda Johnson at Melinda.Johnson@rmpdc.org if you have any questions! Registration will be on COTRAIN once a location has been confirmed.
Before, during, and after a disaster, one of the major concerns for emergency management personnel is money. Questions often arise related to who is going to pay, what needs to be tracked, what should the impacted agency pay for, what is the impacted agency responsible for, what forms need to be utilized, how long will it take to receive money, and what disaster funds are available to various agencies. Many of these questions have continued to arise during the project focused on making the North Central All-Hazards Region Health and Medical Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) functional.
In an effort to address questions related to financial management of disaster costs and to educate participants in the MMRS MOU, the Denver MMRS is offering a day-long Disaster Finance Symposium. Objectives of the training include:
- Review finance components of emergencies and disasters
- Examine the declaration process for local, state, and federal governments
- Discuss recovery considerations
- Determine partnerships and agencies available for assistance
- Review local policies and procedures to ensure the best results following an emergency or disaster
- Discuss tools, forms and communications that will facilitate efficient utilization of the North Central Region’s Health and Medical MOU
The information presented is a collaboration of a financial symposium developed the Colorado Division of Emergency Management and information and best practices gathered from other states and hospitals that have successfully managed finances during a disaster involving healthcare agencies. The information is intended for hospital emergency managers, hospital financial managers, local emergency managers, local government financial personnel, purchasing and logistics staff, and any other positions that are actively involved with expenditures, financial tracking, or reimbursement related to an emergency or disaster.