Course DescriptionThis course is designed as an introduction to the fundamental concepts of benefit-cost (BCA) analysis. Participants will learn how to obtain benefit cost data and conduct analyses using the latest version of the Benefit Cost Toolkit. The newest version of the Benefit Cost software, Version 5.3, may be downloaded at https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/128334.
Please note: students will be required to bring their own computers to participate in the course. Please download the BCA software (Version 5.3) before coming to class at https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/128334.
PrerequisitesParticipants must have knowledge of computers (basic Windows and spreadsheet programs) and must complete the following online tutorials:
- Flood Insurance Rate Map tutorial at www.floodmaps.fema.gov/tutorials/ot_firm (30 minutes)
- Federal Insurance Studies tutorial at www.floodmaps.fema.gov/tutorials/ot_fis (40 minutes)
- IS 0276, Benefit-Cost Analysis Fundamentals
Course RegistrationRegistration will be through www.co.train.org with Course ID # 1060581.
- Tuesday,April 11, 2017 from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Lunch is on your own both days.
- Location: State Emergency Operation Center, 9195 E. Mineral Ave, Suite 200, Centennial, CO 80112
- For more information contact: Vanessa Castillo at Vanessa.Castillo@state.co.us or Matt Arsenault at Matt.Arsenault@state.co.us.