Updated and Revised Administrative Guidelines for the NIMS ICS All-Hazards Position Specific Training Program
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has released the revised guidelines for the NIMS ICS All-Hazards Position Specfic Training Program. Some of the highlights of the revised guidelines include:
- Totally rewritten section on scheduling of off-campus Position Specific classes
- Changes in qualifications for acceptance into train-the-trainer classes including:
- ICS 400 will be a required class for Command and Control TtT’s effective October 1, 2013
- Other entrance requirements have been clarified as well
- The ICS 400 class will continue to be a ‘recommended’ class for Unit Leader TtT classes
- As of October 1, 2013, all students who wish to sign up for TtT classes will be required to have taken the class before they’re allowed to enroll in a TtT version. Exceptions are allowed for personnel who are qualified in a Command & Control class and wish to sign up for a TtT for a Unit Leader class. Example: an instructor who is qualified to instruct the Operations Section Chief course may sign up for the Division/Group Supervisor TtT and/or the Task Force Strike Team Leader TtT.
- A section has been added on the removal of instructors
- Appendix material has been added on how to obtain a Student Identification Number (SID) and a Tip Sheet for hosting regional Position Specific class offerings
- Clarification on the application policy for offering Communications Unit Leader classes; these classes will now be offered through the states and overseen by the Federal Office of Emergency Communications (OEC), but will still be registered through and credit will be given by EMI.
As with other All-Hazards Position Specific course materials and information, these guidelines will be posted on the Position Specific website, replacing the previous version.